Friday, May 16, 2014

Easter 2014

Our Easter this year was very low key.  On Saturday morning our ward did their annual Easter Egg Hunt and Breakfast.  After breakfast I spent the day just working around the house.  Jon did work that day, so I was able to get some things done.

On Sunday I played for all 3 musical numbers in Sacrament meeting, plus the regular songs.  I ended up playing all 6 songs for the day and then teaching Gospel Doctrine.  It was a very busy day.  After church we went down to Grandview to celebrate the holiday with the family.  I decided to make a jello salad, and boy was it GOOD!!  Everyone loved it.



It was a very easy but time consuming.  It sure tasted delicious.

It was so fun being able to spend time with family.  I am so thankful for the Atonement and Resurrection of Jesus Christ.  I love the Easter holiday because it reminds me of the sacrifice the Lord did for me.  It allows me to reflect on my life and the ability I have to continually use the Atonement when I need it.  I am grateful that the Atonement provides a way for my family to live together forever.  I know that My Redeemer Lives!  Oh sweet the joy this sentence gives, I know that My Redeemer lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment