Wednesday, June 10, 2015

In Loving Memory-Hazel Ione Noble

On Thursday, June 4th, I saw a missed call from my dad with a message from the night before.  When you get a call late at night, you know it isn't good news.  I called my dad and he told me that my grandmother had passed away the night before.  I was so shocked.  My grandmother was the sweetest person I knew.


On Thursday I went down to Grandview to spend time with my family.  It was a very hard day for me.  That afternoon we went to the funeral home to make arrangements.  While we were there, Mom, Aunt Mel, my sister Lisa, and myself had the opportunity to dress my grandma.  What a sacred experience.  It was the most spiritual experience I have ever experienced.  It was such an honor to serve my grandma one last time.  I also helped do her hair. I had done that on a number of occasions.  It was a wonderful way to say goodbye to one of my best friends.

On Sunday the 7th I headed up to Sandpoint, ID for grandma's funeral.  We spent time with family and we had the opportunity to have Aunt Verna, grandma's sister,  and cousin Ray Stevens over for dinner.  It was nice being able to visit with them.

























On Monday June 8th was the funeral.  It was a wonderful service, very spiritual.  I could feel grandma there.  The spirit was so strong, the the gospel principles that were taught were very comforting.












Grandpa had forgotten his hat in Grandview, so Uncle Tim was so sweet to cover Grandpa's head with his tie, so his head wouldn't get sunburned.












It was hard for everyone to leave Grandma there.

After the funeral, there was a luncheon at the church.  It was so good.  We had a good time visiting with those we hadn't seen in quite some time.  Later that evening, Grandpa, Mom, Dad, Emily and me went to the Pack River cemetery where grandma was buried.



Grave of Lee Noble, Grandpa's Brother





Thoughts written to the family.





Grandma's Obituary



Aunt Mel gave the Eulogy/Life Sketch.









I miss you so much Grandma.  I am so grateful for the Plan of Salvation and the knowledge that I will be with my Grandma again.  Grandma, you were loved by many.  I love you.  'Till we meet again.




No comments:

Post a Comment