Sunday, May 10, 2015

Date #6

It has been such a busy year, we are already well into May.  Life has been so busy, I haven't been able to plan my date nights with Jon.  I finally made some time in May for us to do date #6.  We went to Mexico!!  I chose May 5th since that is Cinco de Mayo.  I talk to girls at work and got recipes and decided to make my own authentic Mexican dinner.  It took a little while, and made a huge mess in my kitchen, but it turned out!! Of course Jon loved it.  It was really good.

I made Spanish Rice


Enchiladas


One of my most favorite things about our dates is that Jon always wants to help make dinner.  It is so fun to learn new things with him by my side and willing to help.  It brings us so much closer together.





 I also made refried beans.  It all turned out so good.  Jon was impressed as well.


While we were eating dinner, we watched a movie.  I was going to show The Three Amigos but it wasn't on Netflix anymore.  So the only movie I had that was filmed or had anything to do with Mexico was The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants.  I love that movie.  Jon was ok with me showing that.  He ended up actually enjoying the movie.  It was so fun to spend this time together on Cinco de Mayo.  Now somehow I have about 2 1/2 months to fit the rest of the dates in for the year.  This has been such a fun date idea.  I look forward to the next 6 dates.

2 comments: