Friday, February 21, 2014

Be Mine

This Valentine's Day Jon worked really hard at making it special.  He started off the day by waking up early and making me breakfast in bed. It was really good.  He was so thoughtful.  I know how hard it is for him to get up when I do in the morning, so this really meant a lot to me.


I got off work at noon and ran a few errands.  When I got home, Jon was gone, and I walked in to a trail of candy hearts that led back to the bedroom.  Jon had written me a note telling me to get in a nice formal and arrive at the condo at 4pm





When I arrived at the Condo Jon had it all decorated and was just finishing up dinner.  We had a delicious dinner of Baked Potatoes, Pork Chops and Green Beans.  He even bought sparkling cider for the occasion.  We had a wonderful candlelit dinner.


It was so cute to walk in and see Jon in that apron.



He also surprised me with a little gift.  He gave me a cute stuffed bear and chocolate covered cherries.  My favorite!!


After a nice romantic dinner and dancing, we headed back to the house, where Jon surprised me with a beautiful bouquet of flowers.


Then it was my turn to do something cool for Jon.  A couple of days before Valentine's Day, I found this really cool idea on the internet for a scavenger hunt.  So I got everything all ready and put together one night while he was at work.




Because Jon was gone when I got home from work, that gave me a chance to get all the clues taped up around the house.  So when we got home, I gave Jon his mission and had him start.  It was so fun watching him trying to find all the clues.




He had such a great time with it...He thought it was awesome.  Of course I can't really take credit for it, because I did steal the idea.  But we had a lot of fun with it.  After the scavenger hunt, Jon had planned for chocolate fondue.  So we set up the chocolate fountain and enjoyed the chocolate.




We then watched a movie and had an enjoyable evening at home.  It was a great Valentine's Day.  Happy Valentine's Day!






.

3 comments:

  1. What a fun (and cute!) Valentine's Day. Thanks for sharing! I only wish you had posted a picture of the two of you dressed up! Formals, how fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! You both went all out. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have been busy in Florida, and I just now got some "free" time to look at blogs. It was so fun to read and see pictures of such a sweet celebration of Valentine's Day! You were both so kind and thoughtful to each other. Happy Valentine's Day even though it is almost Easter!! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete