Sunday, December 8, 2013

One year older and Wiser???

I was able to celebrate my birthday for a week!!!  It was great.  Sunday the 17th, I went down to my parents for a birthday dinner.  It was nice to be able to spend some time at my parents house.  I had a wonderful dinner.  Meatloaf, potatoes, corn and salad.  Of course no birthday would be complete without birthday cake.  It was delicious.  Thanks mom for the great food.

My actual birthday was low key.  I had to work, and so did Jon so we didn't do a whole lot.  Jon did give me a gift certificate for a massage which was very nice.   I am looking forward to getting a nice massage and feeling relaxed.  He also treated me to lunch at Subway and bought me some beautiful flowers that were delivered to my work!  I loved them.  They are beautiful.



On Thursday, Jon had the day off, so we decided to celebrate my birthday that day.  He took me to dinner at Famous Dave's.  Can I just say YUMMY!!!  I love that place.  It was Jon's first time being there and he was brave enough to try Wilbur's Revenge.  That stuff is WAY too hot for me.  Jon told me it was his new favorite restaurant.  We shared a rack of ribs, because I knew it would be a lot.  After dinner we had a little time to kill until we went to see our movie at 10:00 pm.  So we helped a family move out of our ward.  What were we thinking?!?!?  I find it ironic that we help people move out when we want so desperately for people to move into the ward. ;)  After helping Miller's move, we went to go watch The Hunger Games: Catching Fire.  It was sooooo good.  I thought it even stayed really close to the book.  I also think it is better then the first movie.  I was grateful that it was a 10 pm showing instead of midnight.  We were home and in bed by 1:00 instead of 3 if it would have started at midnight.  So I was really grateful for that.  We had such a good time.  Thanks Jon for a wonderful birthday week.  I had a great time.




No comments:

Post a Comment