Sunday, August 11, 2013

Fun in Portland

I had the opportunity to go to a class for work in Portland.  I chose Portland, because my sister Emily lives there, and I thought it would be fun to be able to spend a little time with her.  I had gotten to see her on several occasions, but it was for my brother's wedding and also a family reunion.  But we didn't really get a lot of time to hang out and visit.  Jon wasn't able to go with me, so I invited my sister Lisa to go with me.  While I was in class, Lisa was able to have some time to relax.

We got to the Hotel on Tuesday night, and so we went to Emily's house for Dinner.  We had such a great time visiting and seeing the family.  Jeremiah kicked Emily out that night, and we walked around Fred Meyer talking and laughing.  We had such a great time.

We had a pretty nice hotel room.  We had 2 queen beds in our room, so we each got our own bed.  That was actually pretty nice.  Here are a few pictures..








The view from our hotel room

Wednesday night, Lisa and I went to one of my new favorite restaurants, Famous Daves.  It is sooo good, and we had one really close to our hotel.  Here is a picture of us as we were waiting for our table.





I am always so amazed at the amount of food they give us.  I ordered BBQ Chicken, and they practically gave me the WHOLE chicken!!!!  I couldn't believe it.


Lisa ordered ribs for her dinner.  I hadn't ever had ribs before, so she gave me one to try.  It was so delicious.  She took this picture of me trying it for the first time.  I think I liked it, don't you?  :)

Emily joined us after dinner, as we walked around IKEA, which was another first for me, and then we went back to the hotel for a swim.  We had so much fun.  We just talked and laughed and laughed and laughed.  Thank you Lisa and Emily for such a great time, and Thanks Lisa for coming with me it made for a really enjoyable time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment