Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Time Out For Women

On April 19th and 20th my mother in law invited me to go to Time Out for Women in Spokane.  I had such a great time.  It was so much fun.  They told us they were coming back next year, and I would love to be able to go again with my mom and sisters.  We got there Friday afternoon and had fun taking pictures at the photo booth.  They had a Time out for Girls that Katelyn and Brookel were able to go to.


Brookel, Katelyn and Me


Brookel and Me



Katelyn and Me

Friday Night I got to hear from Michael McLean.  We got a sneak peak of his new musical Threads.  I was so neat.  I enjoyed hearing him share his music.  I even got to go down and meet him.  It was a lot of fun.  I also got to hear Heidi Swinton speak.  She wrote President Monson's biography.  She got a call from Pres Monson while she was in London England where her husband was the mission president.  When she said that, I looked at her Bio and it said she was in the England London South Mission.  I texted Darin really quick to ask who his mission president was, and lo and behold it was the Swintons.  So after she was done speaking, I ran down to talk to her, and tell her who my brother was.  She was so excited to meet me and hear how Darin was doing.  I took a picture with her, so I could send it to Darin with a message from her.  It was fun to show Darin.


Heidi Swinton and Me

Saturday was a whole day of talks from really great people.  I enjoyed every minute of it.  I was on such an emotional high and have been ever since.  I enjoyed the things that were said and the things that I learned.  My testimony was really strengthened.  I definitely want to go next year.

2 comments:

  1. Told ya you'd love it! I can hardly wait till TOFW comes to tricities!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been to TOFW several times. LOVE LOVE LOVE it!;) Glad you got to go.:) And yes, love Heidi! Heck, I love all the presenters. They do a wonderful job!:-)

    ReplyDelete