Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Another Home Project

Jon and I got ambitious over the weekend and decided to do a couple of home projects.  We were finally able to get soil for our 3rd garden box.  We are excited.  We are hoping to have a good garden this year so we will be able to can more vegetables.  With more room we should be able to grow more vegetables.  Here is our new planter box.

All we need to do now is plant the seeds.  By fall this should be full of beans.  :)

Another project we tackled this weekend was painting the bathroom.  When I first bought the house, I painted all the bedrooms and the kitchen.  I hadn't gotten around to painting the bathroom.  Jon and I talked and thought it would be fun to do a beach theme in the bathroom.


Here is the bathroom before.  Needless to say, I did not like the colors that were there.





Jon did a lot as far as painting, because he had to do all the high parts because I couldn't reach. I guess that is one advantage to being vertically challenged. :)



We chose to do two colors.  One wall is a dark teal color, and the other walls are a turquoise color.  The trim is white.  We love it.




Disregard the shower curtain.  Of course we will be getting a new curtain, but for now we just need to have one to shower.  We are also looking for some fun beach decorations.  Every time I walk into the bathroom I just smile.    It was a fun quick home improvement project.

No comments:

Post a Comment