Monday, June 3, 2013

Mother's Day

Jon was working on Mother's day this year, big surprise, and so I went down to Grandview to go visit my Mom.  I love being close enough to be able to visit her often.  Life gets really busy and I don't get to visit as often as I would like, but it was good to spend mother's day with her.  I am so grateful for my mother and for all the things she taught me as I was growing up.  I know there are times where I feel I don't need my mom that much, but then I find myself missing her more and more and I love the friends we have become.  She is so much fun. 

I have started a new quilting hobby, and so for Mother's Day I made my mom a table runner.  It turned out pretty well...I'm still learning a lot, so I see all the mistakes I made.  But my mom loved it and she put it right on her table.  It will look perfect for the summer.  I am hoping to get some more practice in so that I can do bigger projects.



Words can not express how I feel for my mom, but I'm going to try.

Mom,

Thanks for all you do for me.  Thanks for all the encouragement and support I have received thru the years.  I am so grateful for you.  I am so thankful you raised me to know my Savior and to be a stalwart member of the church.  I am the woman I am today because of you.  I continue to learn from you by your example of Faith and love for the Savior.  I look forward to having you as my children's grandmother.  I am so lucky to have a mother like you.  I love you so much.  Thanks for always being there.  :)

I love you!

I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day like I did.  Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment