Sunday, December 16, 2012

Date Nights


Jon and I try to have a date night every week.  Most of our date nights consist of us staying home and watching a movie, or going to the mall and just walking around.  However occassionally, we have some really fun dates where I try to do something special.  In April, I got a picnic together and took Jon to the park.  It was a warm and beautiful day.  He loved the food and the idea of having a picnic.


 
 
 
In May, my parents let me borrow their condo here in town. So I invited Jon to a "Winter Wonderland" prom. I went early and decorated the condo with decorations we had from the wedding. I cooked him a wonderful dinner. It was a three course dinner with Salad, Roasted Chicken and Red Garlic Potatoes. For dessert I made him a cherry cheesecake. It was all so good. He arrived in his suit, while I was in a beautiful dress and we danced to songs we played at the wedding. It was so fun to do something different

 



 

 

 
 
Another really fun date we had was in October. I asked my sister Lori if she would be willing to make up some clues so that Jon and I could go on a Scavenger Hunt. She thought up some great clues that took us around the area. Our final destination was home. When we got home we had a surprise by the door. My sister had gotten us Sparkling Cider, a nice scented candle, and a plate of chocolate covered pretzels and fudge for us to enjoy.  At each clue there was a little puzzle piece.  When we got home we put the puzzle together.  It was a picture from our first blog post.  Thanks Lori for all your help. :)
 

 
 


1 comment:

  1. What fun and great memories! That was so sweet of Lori. I'm sure she came up with great clues. She's good at stuff like that.

    ReplyDelete